|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|280||g||Fine Powdered Oats||$2.07||Bulk Powders|
|100.48||g||Whey Protein Concentrate||$2.32||Bulk Powders|
|97.2||g||LoGI Cane Sugar||$0.46||Coles|
|10||g||Linseed Meal (Flaxseed)||$0.11||Coles|
Total Daily Cost:
|$5.92||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
UPDATE 19-APR-2015: Removed MSM as whey protein contains cysteine and methionine providing enough SAA, see http://discourse.soylent.me/t/sulfur-intake-recommendations/2637/13
Switched WPI for WPC as it's cheaper.
Lo GI cane sugar has an advertised GI of 50, much lower than maize starch or maltodextrin which is variously reported around 100. Starch tastes bad and is difficult to handle and sugar is easier to source logistically.
Potassium chloride has a much higher content of potassium than gluconate, again bringing cost down as less is needed to get the potassium RDI. Also provides a source of chloride other than table salt so I can bring the sodium intake down.
Switched the calcium/magnesium tablets for calcium carbonate powder for easier logistics, so now the only pill is the multivitamin. Sufficient magnesium comes from the oats and protein given the extended nutrient profile.
Linseed/flaxseed meal instead of flaxseed oil for easier logistics and handling. Oil makes everything more difficult to clean and is annoying to transport. Without oil everything can easily just be rinsed clean.
Works great split into 3 meals a day mixed with water to become about 500mL of liquid a meal, easy to just down in a few gulps if you're in a rush.
- Refined oats nutrition profile http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/7440/2 (Molybdenum, Biotin, Iodine values from http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=109)
- Refined whey nutrition profile http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/1360377/2?quantity=0.25
- Refined lecithin nutrition profile http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/592/2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choline#Food_sources_of_choline
- Refined flaxseed nutrition profile http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/7554/2
- Refined salt nutrition profile http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/216/2