|Amount||Volume||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|200||g||1½||cups||Gluten-Free Oat Flour||$1.55||Amazon|
|50||g||¼||cup||Gluten-Free Masa Harina||$0.67||Amazon|
|8||g||Psyllium Husk Powder||$0.54||Amazon|
|1.4||g||MSM Sulfur Powder||$0.03||Amazon|
|24||ml||Extra Virgin Olive Oil||$0.75||Amazon|
|2||pill||Fish Oil Capsules||$0.48||Amazon|
Total Daily Cost:
|$10.28||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
This my first crack at DIY Soylent. I started by forking Schmoylent Clean (props to axcho!) and made changes for a few specific reasons:
- I'm a Celiac, so I swapped out some of the products for brands that have a reputation for producing reliably gluten-free products in an attempt to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
- I swapped canola oil out, and relied on a mix of MCT, olive, and fish oil for fat.
- I'm using whey protein instead of rice protein.
- I've substituted some masa harina for part of the oat flour to avoid manganese overload.
- I'm personally using this to replace/augment 1-2 meals per day and not as a 100% meal substitute, so completeness would be great but it isn't essential.
- I'm optimizing for quality of ingredients, and not so much for cost.
- I prefer chocolate to cinamon, so I'm trying a cocoa sweetener.
Comments/feedback appreciated, if you try it I hope you enjoy!