|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|55||g||Now Foods 100% Whey Protein Isolate||$1.26||Amazon|
|23||g||GNC Mega Men® Sport - Vanilla Bean||$1.02||Amazon|
|6||g||NOW Foods Calcium/magnesium 1000/500 mg||$0.26||Amazon|
|6||g||Potassium Citrate||$0.24||PureBulk, Inc.|
Total Daily Cost:
|$3.50||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
Of all the People Chow recipes I've developed this is by FAR the best! It's got a smooth, velvety texture, a very mild flavor with a hint of tortilla chips, and every time I finish a glass I want more! I think we've finally nailed this recipe and I want to thank the community for all their valuable input in making People Chow 3.x so darn awesome!
Also: Check out that daily cost!
For more updates on People Chow, visit the new People Chow Blog at http://www.people-chow.com/
Be sure to sign-up to be notified of changes to People Chow!
- Nutritionally complete
- Relatively inexpensive
- Keeps you full for hours
- "Fart-free" formula lacks oats and is easy on the stomach
- Nearly all ingredients sourced from Amazon. Can be 100% sourced from Amazon.
- Although already fairly inexpensive, cheaper ingredients can be found if you're willing to shop around.
- Actively maintained and maintainer seeks community feedback
CHANGELOG 3.0.1 - "Tortilla Perfection!"
- Updated fiber totals for masa harina
- Added 5g masa harina
- Subtracted 2g soybean oil
- Additional details can be found on the People Chow blog: http://www.people-chow.com/
CHANGELOG 3.0.0 - "Tortilla Perfection!"
- Replaced Harina P.A.N. with masa harina
- Added 30g carbohydrate base (masa harina)
- Removed the almond meal
- Added 7g whey protein isolate
- Added 14g soybean oil
CHANGELOG 2.3.0 - "Cheap!"
- Added 10g masa
- Removed 12g protein. (You can safely add lots more for weightlifting purposes.)
- Removed 1g vitamin powder
- Calories now exactly 2000. (Just a happy coincidence.)
- Turns out methionine and cysteine should be used directly for the sulfur requirement, as it is sulfur-containing amino acids (SAAs) that are necessary, and not elemental sulfur.
CHANGELOG 2.3.0RC1 - "Name Pending!"
- Added nutrition information to harina masa
- Removed potassium chloride
- Removed non-aluminum baking powder
- More changes pending ...
CHANGELOG 2.2.2 - "Make your farts sparkle!"
- Cheekier tagline. Open to suggestions.
CHANGELOG 2.2.1 - "Now with reasonable Niacin!"
- Added sulfur calculation from L-Methionine and L-Cysteine to the Whey Protein Isolate and almond meal. According to Sintax at http://discourse.soylent.me/t/sulfur-in-cysteine-and-methionine/10626/5?u=maxk we're looking at 0.21 x mass of methionine + 0.2666... x mass of cysteine to calculate sulfur available from these ingredients.
- Removed MSM to compensate for added sulfur from the previous change.
- One can only presume the lower sulfur will result in a person's farts being less unpleasant.
CHANGELOG 2.2.0 - "Now with reasonable Niacin!"
- Reduced almond meal to 45g
- Increased soybean oil to 38g
- Increased baking powder to 5g
- Reduced niacin to < 35g.
- This was probably unnecessary, but had the pleasant effect of making all the fields go green. Also, it's slightly cheaper.
- Reduced Mega Men supplement to 24g
- Increased soybean oil to 37g
- Reduced price by $0.51/day
- Removed the coconut flour There was an error in the masa fiber totals. After correcting the error, the total fiber was quite high and supplementation in the form of coconut flour was no longer necessary.
- Adjusted other ingredients to replace missing nutrients
Hypothetical Q & A:
- "What happened to the Hypothetical Q & A?" The notes have been getting far too long and it's time to move this information to a more organized venue. So I present to you: The People Chow Blog! Please refer to the FAQ there before posting questions!
Have you made a batch of People Chow? Send a photo of your creation and I'll post it here!
Special thanks to Xander and Zenman for contributing their photos!
Also -- if you have a better suggestion for a powdered vitamin supplement or other suggested replacements for making things cheaper please let me know!
You can contact me via http://www.people-chow.com/