|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|100||g||Whey Protein Concentrate (Flavoured)||$2.00|
|15||g||Linseed meal (aka. Flaxseed meal)||$0.07||Woolworths|
|10||g||Soy Lecithin Granules||$0.23||Woolworths|
|10||g||Diet Rite Salt Lite||$0.16||Woolworths|
|1||pill||Centrum Men Multivitamin (Aust/NZ)||$0.27||Chemist Warehouse|
|1||g||Psyllium Husk Powder||$0.02||Coles|
Total Daily Cost:
|$4.48||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
- Few and easy to obtain ingredients
- Low Cost
- Long term sustainability: Low lactose, no sugar, low saturated fat
- It's not complete but that's okay!
- The macros/calories/fibre are set to my personal preference. I highly recommend you modify the recipe to fit your own energy needs and soylent usage.
- This recipe relies on flavourings from the whey protein for its flavour. For extra flavour, you can add ingredients such as cocoa and cinnamon.
- Add more xanthan gum for a thicker consistency
- Oats need to be powdered - use a blender or pay more for powdered oats
- Crush the multivitamin and add to the mix (I use mortar and pestle)
- Makes about 2.1L total. For best taste/texture, add water at least an hour before drinking.
Thanks to the other (mostly Aussie) DIYers from whom I've borrowed ideas from Happy to answer any questions. I've had plenty of this particular recipe.