|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|85||g||Trader Joe's Unflavored Soy Protein||$1.50||Trader Joe's|
|75||g||Light Brown Sugar||$0.23||Safeway|
|1||g||Emergen-C Super Orange||$0.03||Amazon|
|15||g||Bob's Red Mill Soy Lecithin Granules||$0.32||Amazon|
|20||g||Rodelle Baking Cocoa||$0.43||Amazon|
|25||g||Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal, 32-Ounce (Pack of 4)||$0.09||Amazon|
|120||g||Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour||$1.88||Amazon|
Total Daily Cost:
|$5.44||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
My aim of this recipe is to have the most complete, accurate and justified nutrition data for the original Hacker School Soylent recipe, without modifications. From there you can duplicate the recipe to make your own modifications, knowing that you have an accurate starting point.
- Unchanged from the original Hacker School Soylent recipe
- Has ingredients which can be purchased in the US from Amazon, Trader Joe's, Costco and the local supermarket.
- Has my justifications for the nutrition data that I have chosen based on a series of blog posts
How you can help:
- Assume that I'm an idiot and have made mistakes. Pick your favorite nutrient and do your own analysis. Post a comment on this recipe with your findings of agreement or disagreement.
- As you duplicate this recipe and make your modifications, write your own blog posts justifying the nutrient analysis that you've chosen for the modifications.
- If you duplicate this recipe or find it helpful, star it on the main page.
- Sept. 15, 2013: Potassium Figure for Oat Flour was incorrect. Corrected.
- Oct. 6, 2013: Added sulfur content for Lecithin, Cocoa Powder, Olive Oil, changed for Oat Flour. Values were found in NUTTAB, the Australian Food Standards database. Blog post explaining the changes is forthcoming.