|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|7||g||Spinach (powdered)||$0.44||north bay trading|
|52||g||Milk, dry, nonfat, instant, without added vitamin A and vitamin D||$0.80||nuts.com|
|3||portion||Egg, whole, raw||$0.25||ALDI|
|44||g||Raspberries, freeze dried||$4.46||north bay trading|
|3||portion||Iodized Salt (in mg)||$0.01||walmart|
|31||g||Seeds, chia seeds, dried||$0.55||nuts.com|
|61||g||Bananas, freeze dried||$2.10||north bay trading|
|30||g||Real Whole Wheat flour (ground wheat berries)||$0.26||nuts.com|
Total Daily Cost:
|$10.22||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
*Note: These instructions should be the same for all my bars.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix powdered ingredients (such as flour, spices and/or oatmeal).
- Chop up dried fruits and nuts, if any, and mix with flour mixture to keep from sticking.
- Mix eggs and syrup in separate bowl.
- Mix liquid and dry ingredients. (I do this in a kitchen aid stand mixer. I put the wet ingredients in first to prevent sticking and then the dry ingredients on top. I then mix for as little time as possible to get the dry ingredients coated in the mixture)
- Put mixture into baking dish (line with parchment for easy clean up) about a granola bar thickness.
- Bake for 22 min or till tops of bars slightly golden. (this may need a longer cooking time if the dish you use is smaller than mine)
Reasons and Goals
*see recipe "Agrovittles: Electric Green Energy Bars" for my theories on 'full spectrum'
Notes on Nutrients and Calculations
*see recipe "Agrovittles: Electric Green Energy Bars" for my reasons for using the nutrient profiles that I do. Certain nutrients with RDI values are left out for various reasons, one of which is the USDA not testing foods for those ingredients.
- Measure water (currently using a splash. Possibly a 1/4 cup. Maybe less.)
Ongoing Notes 3/5/17 (v0.1): Optimized 3/5/17 (v1.0): Cooked. Pretty good. 3/7/17 (v1.0): Ran out of freeze dried bananas. Substituted for powdered freeze dried bananas. Not as good. Cant taste the banana.