|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|7||g||Spinach (powdered)||$0.21||north bay trading|
|39||g||Milk, dry, nonfat, instant, without added vitamin A and vitamin D||$0.35||nuts.com|
|20||g||Cereals, QUAKER, Quick Oats, Dry||$0.04||ALDI|
|24||g||Nuts, almonds sliced||$0.53||nuts.com|
|20||g||Seeds, chia seeds, dried||$0.35||nuts.com|
|20||g||Nuts, walnuts, english, chopped||$0.40||nuts.com|
|20||g||Figs, dried, uncooked||$0.26||nuts.com|
|3||portion||Iodized Salt (in mg)||$0.01||walmart|
|3||portion||Egg, whole, raw||$0.25||ALDI|
|20||g||Bananas, freeze dried||$0.69||north bay trading|
|20||g||Raspberries, freeze dried||$2.03||north bay trading|
|45||g||Blackberries (freeze dried)||$3.47||north bay trading|
Total Daily Cost:
|$9.62||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
*Note: These instructions should be the same for all my bars.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix powdered ingredients (such as flour, spices and/or oatmeal).
- Chop up dried fruits and nuts, if any, and mix with flour mixture to keep from sticking.
- Mix eggs and syrup in separate bowl.
- Mix liquid and dry ingredients. (I do this in a kitchen aid stand mixer. I put the wet ingredients in first to prevent sticking and then the dry ingredients on top. I then mix for as little time as possible to get the dry ingredients coated in the mixture)
- Put mixture into baking dish (line with parchment for easy clean up) about a granola bar thickness.
- Bake for 22 min or till tops of bars slightly golden. (this may need a longer cooking time if the dish you use is smaller than mine)
Reasons and Goals
*see recipe "Agrovittles: Electric Green Energy Bars" for my theories on 'full spectrum'
Notes on Nutrients and Calculations
*see recipe "Agrovittles: Electric Green Energy Bars" for my reasons for using the nutrient profiles that I do. Certain nutrients with RDI values are left out for various reasons, one of which is the USDA not testing foods for those ingredients.
- Measure water (currently using a splash. Possibly a 1/4 cup. Maybe less.)
- Get it down to 1500 calories if possible
v0.1: Optimized between 20-50 grams of each ingredient except eggs, peanuts and spinach powder.
v1.0: Incremented version to indicate that this recipe has been tried and is ready for prime time. No changes to ingredients but after trying this one, I decided it tastes just like blackberry cobbler. Name needed to be changed.