|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|50||g||Figs, dried, not freeze dried||$0.66||nuts.com|
|0||g||Nuts, walnuts, english||$0.00||nuts.com|
|42||g||Milk, dry, nonfat, instant, without added vitamin A and vitamin D||$0.65||nuts.com|
|6||portion||Egg, whole, raw||$0.50||ALDI|
|60||g||Raspberries, freeze dried||$6.08||north bay trading|
|60||g||Cereals, QUAKER, Quick Oats, Dry||$0.12||ALDI|
|30||g||Real Whole Wheat flour (ground wheat berries)||$0.26||nuts.com|
|3||portion||Iodized Salt (in mg)||$0.01||walmart|
|7||g||Spinach, freeeze dried and powdered *see notes||$0.59||north bay trading|
|22||g||Seeds, chia seeds, dried||$0.39||nuts.com|
Total Daily Cost:
|$10.50||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
*Note: These instructions should be the same for all my bars.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix powdered ingredients (such as flour, spices and/or oatmeal).
- Chop up dried fruits and nuts, if any, and mix with flour mixture to keep from sticking.
- Mix eggs and syrup in separate bowl.
- Mix liquid and dry ingredients. (I do this in a kitchen aid stand mixer. I put the wet ingredients in first to prevent sticking and then the dry ingredients on top. I then mix for as little time as possible to get the dry ingredients coated in the mixture)
- Put mixture into baking dish (line with parchment for easy clean up) about a granola bar thickness.
- Bake for 22 min or till tops of bars slightly golden. (this may need a longer cooking time if the dish you use is smaller than mine)
Reasons and Goals
*see recipe "Agrovittles: Electric Green Energy Bars" for my theories on 'full spectrum'
Notes on Nutrients and Calculations
*see recipe "Agrovittles: Electric Green Energy Bars" for my reasons for using the nutrient profiles that I do. Certain nutrients with RDI values are left out for various reasons, one of which is the USDA not testing foods for those ingredients.
- Measure water (currently using a splash. Possibly a 1/4 cup. Maybe less.)
v1.0: Cooked and tried. Ok. a little dry. Need to measure water.