|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|500||g||Maseca White Corn Masa Harina||$0.55||Bakersbodega.com|
|1||pill||Kirkland Signature Daily Multi||$0.03||Amazon|
|1||portion||Thorne Research Vitamin D / K2 Liquid||$0.01||Amazon|
|100||g||Rice protein powder||$1.25||Bulkfoods.com|
|0||g||Pea Protein||$0.00||Bulk Foods|
|15||g||country farms super greens||$0.96||walmart|
|1||ml||great value stevia liquid||$0.06||walmart|
Total Daily Cost:
|$3.26||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
This is a cheap vegan workout fuel with high protein content. You can adjust ingredients as necessary to get your desired calorie and nutrient profile. Purchasing links are available to the right of all ingredients on the main overview page. Note that prices on this page do not include shipping costs.
- Blend all ingredients in blender with approximately 4 liters (1 gal) of drinking water, until smooth. You may need to pre-blend the coarser ingredients to ensure they are properly mixed.
- You can add your preferred sweetener and other flavorings to make the mixture more appetizing. I like to add a small amount of stevia and some greens powder.
- Store in fridge and consume within 48 hours.
- There are safety and digestibility issues with eating raw flours. For that reason this recipe uses corn masa flour (which is boiled) and oat flour (which is steamed), rather than other flours which are not cooked.
- Both rice and pea protein are used to create a more complete amino acid profile.
- Canola oil is used instead of olive olive because it is cheaper and has a similar nutrient profile.
- Although oat flour is more expensive than corn masa flour, it makes the drink smoother and easier to swallow.