|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|130||g||Mr Goudas: Masa||$0.26||Food Basics|
|10||g||Whey Protein Isolate (Unflavoured)||$0.49||Bulk Barn|
|15||g||Lecithin Granules||$0.17||Bulk Barn|
|40||g||Bob's Red Mill Natural Almond Meal (Finely Ground)||$1.30||Tara's Natural Foods Kingston|
|1.3||g||Now: MSM Sulfur Powder||$0.07||Tara's Natural Foods Kingston|
|5||g||Windsor: Salt Free (Potassium Chloride)||$0.05||Loblaws|
|4||g||Iodised Salt||$0.01||Bulk Barn|
|10||g||Psyllium Husk Powder||$0.15||Bulk Barn|
|62||g||GNC: 100% Casein Protein (Chocolate/Vanilla)||$2.29||GNC Canada - With Member Card|
|55||ml||Bee Happy Local Ontario Honey||$0.55||Local Market|
|25||ml||Irresistibles Bio Oragnics: Canola Oil||$0.22||Food Basics|
|1||pill||Centrum: Forte Multivitamin||$0.07||Loblaws|
|0.5||pill||Swiss Natural: Calcium/magnesium (350/150mg)||$0.06||Tara's Natural Foods Kingston|
|0.5||pill||Webber Naturals: Vitamin D/K (1000iu/120mcg)||$0.05||Bulk Barn|
Total Daily Cost:
|$5.74||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
Serving Sizes (For 3 Individually Made Servings)
- Dry mix works out to 92g x 3 servings
- Canola Oil works out to 10mL x 2 servings and 5mL x 1 serving
- Honey works out to 20mL x 2 servings and 15mL x 1 serving
- MSM Sulfer powder done most easily as 2 days x 1g, then 1 day x 2g
Easy Measuring for Full Day's Meal in 1 Blender: http://goo.gl/G3AMm5
- The macros for the Casein Protein are just copied from the Whey Protein, but looking at the nutrition facts on my Casein it works out to be basically the same anyway.
- I was skeptical about the brand of masa I bought at first, but it tastes fine and blends well... even if the company who puts it out is a bit wacky (seriously, google them, they're hilarious).
- Chose to go with local honey because it is supposed to help with seasonal allergies
- I did not have a lot of time to price shop on some of the items for this recipe, you may be able to do better on many of the prices.
- A significantly cheaper alternative to the Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal is ground almonds from bulk barn; however, they are coarser and can make the drink a bit more gritty.
- The vanilla mix turns out sweeter than the chocolate mix. Both blend really well and are extremely tasty!
- This soylent gets extremely THICK after it has sat for awhile (~4 hrs in fridge to overnight). Add more water as needed to get a consistency that you enjoy.
Final Update So after giving soylent a shot 3 times, I've decided it's just not for me. I really liked how it was easy, super tasty, and I did loose weight on it. It's just not sustainable for me in the fact that I got really, really bored very quickly of liquid meals every day. And when I get bored the cheats come in quick. So, I'm scrapping soylent for myself and going (mostly) paleo. However, I will leave this recipe up for those that do enjoy it - and I hope it finds a good home out there! Best of luck you all of you on your diy soylent journey!