|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|1||pill||Kirkland Signature Daily Multi Vitamins & Minerals Tablets||$0.25||Amazon UK|
|1||pill||Doppelherz Aktiv Mocne kości Calcium 1500 + vit D||$0.30||Nearest pharmacy|
|14.5||g||Now Foods Potassium Gluconate||$1.21||iHerb|
|48||g||Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey||$4.60||Pafoscan Sport|
Total Daily Cost:
|$11.90||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
This formula is designed for the Polish market. Notes:
- It's really tasty! A little bit sweety, a little bit salty - something you can easily down 3 times a day without a gag reflex ;)
- As the name says, this is a lowcarb formula, as per http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieta_niskow%C4%99glowodanowa
- Both me and my wife use this formula as an only food source 5 days a week and we didn't notice any side effects.
- I tried to use ingredients commonly available in Poland, however there are two items ordered from abroad: a vitamin complex and potassium gluconate.
- I've chosen Kirkland Daily Multi over the best Polish candidate I could find, Vita-Min Multiple Sport, because it has more complete formula and it's cheaper, even when ordered from Amazon UK.
- It looks like nobody in Poland sells potassium gluconate (also known as E577)? Any tips for a cheaper source?
- I've chosen Optimum Gold Standard as a source of protein as it has good reviews - good taste, no intestinal problems, excellent solubility, not very sweet.
- "PZiZ Lowcarb" nutrient profile is based on guidelines developed by the Polish National Food and Nutrition Institute. You can find the paper here: http://mail.izz.waw.pl/~it/NORMY/NormyZywieniaNowelizacjaIZZ2012.pdf. It's surprisingly accurate, imho better than its American counterpart.
- I couldn't find ground sunflower seeds, but my food processor grinds the seeds really well.
- This formula is suitable for both men and women.
- Calorie, carbohydrate and fat macros are too low ON PURPOSE. You are supposed to add olive oil / canola oil / agave syrup / sugar (in order of preference) to meet your macros based on your age, weight, etc. If you are scared of ketosis, you should add agave syrup or sugar; otherwise - use oil.
- All powders and pills make exactly 203.10 g per day. Go ahead -- make more at once and portion it.
- It's okay to store mixed powder at least 5 days - it doesn't go rancid.
- 1$ = 1PLN