|Amount||Volume||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|160||g||Organic high oleic sunflower oil||$0.79||Columbus Foods|
|102||g||Whey protein concentrate||$0.88||Bulk Supplements|
|6||g||Cod liver oil||$0.25||Amazon|
|0||pill||Paradise Herbs Earth's Blend||$0.00||Amazon|
|0||pill||Rainbow Light, Men's One Multivitamin||$0.00||Amazon|
|0||pill||Jarrow Mineral Balance||$0.00||Amazon|
|3.4||g||Morton Iodized Table Salt||$0.02||Amazon|
|10.67||g||⅔||package||Great Value Strawberry Citrus Punch Drink Mix||$0.33||Walmart|
Total Daily Cost:
|$3.82||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
- Ketogenic with caloric deficit
- Adequate protein for a male with 185lb lean body mass (1g/kg of LBM)
- Vegan (Currently, everything but fish oil and Jarrow Mineral Balance gelatin capsules is vegan.)
- Few ingredients
- High quality vitamins and minerals
- Pea protein:
- Determine sulfur content.
- Verify phosphorus content with supplier (Current phosphorus content is from a different source of pea protein isolate.).
- Find a bulk source with less iron for people with hemochromatosis (genetic predisposition to iron overload leading to excess oxidative stress). Naked Pea is one such source, but it costs $3.35/day at 125g protein per day.
- Experiment with artificial sweetener(s).
Pricing reflects large bulk purchases of the macronutrients:
- $200 / 33 pounds / 135 days of pea protein isolate
- $78.78 / 5 gallons / 111 days of sunflower oil (price includes UPS shipping to Zone 2)
Total first-time purchase is $474.41 for everything.
- Columbus Foods confirmed over the phone with me that the sunflower oil on the Soaper's Choice website is food grade. I'm waiting on a detailed fatty acid analysis from them.