|Amount||Ingredient||$ / day||Source|
|115||g||Dynamize Nutrition Elite (Chocolate Mint)||$2.20||Bodybuilding.com|
|66||g||Dynamize Elite XT Fudge Brownie||$1.10||Bodybuilding.com|
|5||g||NOW Cal/Mag/D3 powder||$0.22||Amazon|
|6||g||NOW Foods Fiber Powder, Acacia||$0.18||Amazon|
|20||g||Psyllium Husk Powder||$0.28||Amazon|
|28||ml||Smart Balance Omega Blend||$0.12||Amazon|
|1||pill||Kirkland Signature Daily Multi||$0.03||Amazon|
|1||pill||Now Foods MK-4 Vitamin K-2||$0.07||Bodybuilding.com|
|145||ml||Heavy Whipping Cream (USDA values)||$0.72||local|
Total Daily Cost:
|$5.24||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
This formula is built on the Keto Chow 1.01 recipe with some variation for my needs
The recipe has been modified to get the calories and protein up to my desired levels.
- The only significant ingredient differences are the addition of Dymatize Elite XT protein for 1/3 of the protein powder, and the inclusion of soluble fiber.
- This formula is not necessarily an "everyday" recipe since the Elite XT doesn't come in a ton of flavors. So for more flavor variety, it is best to revert back to the original Keto Chow recipe
- I have 1/3 of the protein powder coming from the Dymatize Elite XT to introduce some slower digesting protein to hopefully help with satiation.
- I reduced the MCT Oil and added in some canola/olive oil blend mostly for cost savings, but also because there are some MCTs included in the Elite XT formula (who knows how much though).
- The calories are upped to 1500 and the protein to 120g plus. This gives me most of my daily nutrition, while still allowing reach a caloric deficit after having a low carb real food dinner with my family (6oz of lean protein, veggies etc).
- Reduced the salt 1g per day. Because it is a ketogenic diet, you need at least 3g/d of sodium, so you need to ensure additional sodium in your whole food meal, or increase the salt in the recipe to 6g/d.