|Amount||Ingredient||£ / day||Source|
|55||g||Flaxseed Meal||£0.52||Amazon UK|
|94||g||Rice, Brown Flour||£0.30||Amazon UK|
|6||ml||Olive Oil||£0.04||Amazon UK|
|2||g||MSM Sulfur Powder||£0.10||Amazon UK|
|100||ml||Cod Liver Oil||£2.56||Amazon UK|
|100||g||Whey protein isolate||£2.38||Amazon UK|
|10||g||Coconut Oil||£0.12||Amazon UK|
|10||g||Cocoa Powder||£0.23||Amazon UK|
|100||g||Trader Joe's Vanilla Soy Protein||£1.76||Trader Joe's|
|55||g||Now Foods 100% Whey Protein Isolate||£1.26||Amazon|
|23||g||GNC Mega Men® Sport - Vanilla Bean||£1.02||Amazon|
Total Daily Cost:
|£13.07||Add Ingredients |
to Amazon Cart
Why this recipe?
To enable people to easily and reliably try a Soylent recipe, it is my aim to develop a formula that can be ordered from Amazon.co.uk with one click. Amazon.co.uk is arguebly the biggest Amazon store in Europe, but more important: all Europeans can order from Amazon UK without having to pay import-taxes.
What is this recipies aim?
- Cost is not the main concern;
- A balanced recipe which hits about 100% on all nutrients is.By hitting 100% on all nutrients, people would be able to use it as a baseline recipe, increasing percentages of nutrients according to their own needs. Therefore, I'm trying to put in ingredients that only influence a few nutrients in the overall recipe, so that it can easily be tweaked to your personal needs;
- As long as we are at it, we might as well develop a formula which supports weight loss or ketose. It's a problem most of us struggle with so I would prefer a balanced protein/carb and low fat Soylent-clone;
- As much powder and pill form as possible, because this makes the formula easier to transport and probably increases shelf-life;
- Let's try to make it as tasty as possible with adding one predominant ingredient probably Whey protein) which is available in many flavors so that each can mix his or hers own favorite :-)
Why do I need your help?
Because I am no nutritien expert, and I have seen many people on this forum that know much more about nutrients than I do. So please put in the comments any suggestions for additions or alterations to this recipe!