80% of RDA, U.S. government DRI, male 19-50, 1600 calories

by qowieuryLast updated July 17, 2018
Macro NutrientsAmountMax
Calories (kcal)1600
Carbohydrates (g)100
Protein (g)80
Total Fat (g)40
Saturated Fat (g)0
Monounsaturated Fat (g)0
Polyunsaturated Fat (g)0
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (g)10
Omega-6 Fatty Acids (g)015
Total Fiber (g)40
Soluble Fiber (g)4
Insoluble Fiber (g)8
Cholesterol (mg)0
Vitamin A (IU)2400
Vitamin B6 (mg)1.04100
Vitamin B12 (ug)1.92
Vitamin C (mg)722000
Vitamin D (IU)4804000
Vitamin E (IU)161000
Vitamin K (ug)96
Thiamin (mg)0.96
Riboflavin (mg)1.04
Niacin (mg)12.235
Folate (ug)320
Pantothenic Acid (mg)4
Biotin (ug)24
Choline (mg)4403500
Calcium (g)0.82.5
Chloride (g)0
Chromium (ug)28
Copper (mg)0.710
Iodine (ug)1201100
Iron (mg)745
Magnesium (mg)320
Manganese (mg)1.8515
Molybdenum (ug)362000
Phosphorus (g)0.564
Potassium (g)2.8
Selenium (ug)44400
Sodium (g)1.27
Sulfur (g)1.6
Zinc (mg)8.840
Compare to:

This is used to calculate recipes that provide 80% of the daily nutrition for someone who is going to have 2000 calories. Why? Because I have a morning soylent that covers the other 20%. Also, a few oddities are corrected: The minimum of Omega 6 is changed to a maximum. The Omega 3 minimum is greatly increased. The folate maximum is removed since that only applies to non-food sources. The vitamin A maximum is removed since that only applies to Retinol, whereas most Vitamin A in recipes on this site is Beta Carotene. The carb and fat minimums are greatly reduced to make them actual minimums rather than forced distributions of calories. The protein minimum is left high to account for the actual need for amino acids. The manganese maximum is increased to a safe 15mg. The chloride minimum is removed since food data rarely lists this and salt contains more chloride than sodium. The sodium maximum is greatly increased in accord with the latest research.